Friday, February 17, 2012

Beginning of Family Picture Photography

While I was still a youngster, I enjoyed taking pictures.  I had a small Kodak camera that took black and white pictures.  In the 1950s, we did not have digital cameras.  You had to load the camera with a roll of film that had 12 pictures on it. Take your pictures and then send the film off to someplace to have your pictures developed, printed, and returned to you.  Like all children I took pictures of all kind of things....flowers, animals, landscapes, trees, ponds and a few family pictures....Little did I know then that this early interest in the photography would become a life long interest in recording my family history thru pictures.  One of my regrets is that I did not begin to name the individuals in my pictures until much later in my life.  Memory fades over time unfortunately.
 Picture Lesson # 1 - Always record the names of the individuals in the picture, the date and the location where the picture was taken.  


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you found me. Thanks for your visit. I hope that I can live up to your expectations.


    Larry

    ReplyDelete